After the discussion today I feel so insignificant! I always think of the world as a “big place”…when in reality there are bigger things then that. Like the UNIVERSE! The lesson today literally made me feel like a tiny grain of sand on a beach.
The pictures that John showed the class on the universe were beautiful. I liked seeing the stars, galaxies and planets. It was cool to see all the different colors that the gases from the stars created. There were a lot of things that John went over that I didn’t know about. It’s crazy to think that when we take pictures of the stars, planets, galaxies…etc that we are looking at an image of that thing way later. So for example if we were looking at a picture taken of a star, depending on how far from the earth it is we can be looking at what it looked like 40 yrs ago or 1 million. I found that fact interesting.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment