Thursday, February 11, 2010

"What is something you are curious about in the natural world?"

I’m curious about everything! I feel like the world is such a BIIIGGG place… and it’s filled with so many questions that need to be answered.

With all this talk about 2012! You know, about how the worlds going to end by a meteor crashing into the earth.

Which I’m not sure if I actually believe and by the way I would be completely piss if it was true! Because that means I spent my whole life going to school for NOTHING! Ugh! So frustrating but I digress.

Anyways with all this talk going around the year 2012. It makes me wonder how much longer will, human life exist (in general). I mean it’s a scary thought to think about human life NO LONGER existing. But the truth is everything eventually ends. Honestly, at the rate at which we are destroying our planet with pollutants and waste how much longer do we (the human race) have? Should we really be worrying about a meteor that might never actually destroy the earth …or…should we be worrying about what we are doing to the earth on a daily bases!

I read an article today and it said: “The study, by 1,360 experts in 95 nations, said a rising human population had polluted or over-exploited two thirds of the ecological systems on which life depends, ranging from clean air to fresh water, in the past 50 years,” and that, “Ten to 30 percent of mammal, bird and amphibian species were already threatened with extinction, according to the assessment, the biggest review of the planet’s life support systems.” “Human activity is putting such strain on the natural functions of Earth that the ability of the planet’s ecosystems to sustain future generations can no longer be taken for granted,” it said. The report said that in 100 years, global warming widely blamed on burning of fossil fuels in cars, factories and power plants, might take over as the main source of damage.

If all of this isn’t saying that we need to start taking care of the earth then I don’t know what will.

No comments:

Post a Comment