Thursday, February 11, 2010

"Farmer in Chief!"

First of, I really enjoyed having a Socratics seminar after the reading Farmer & Chief, because it allowed me to gain a better understanding and dig deeper into the reading. The other students brought up really valid points that I never thought about.

Overall, I think that the seminar went well. I think that there were areas for improvement, for example there were a lot of side conversations going on. Even though they were productive they should have been addressed to the group.

The one point that really stuck out to me was EDUCATION!

I think that if we really started educating people on the importance of eating healthy foods for themselves and how that could it will help the environment. I think if we educated the public then that would actually be a good starting changing the way America’s food industry is run.

I am also a strong advocate for educating the youths and for making it requirement for schools to have an environmental class where they support a garden. What better way to educate the next generation and with a garden at every school. It will reunite the “intimacy” (as Monty would say) between us & our food.

No comments:

Post a Comment